Tuesday, July 20, 2010

#8

Screencasts

This is a new one for me! I enjoyed trying it out and learning about all of the different things that I could do with them. I used Jing (took a while to get it on my computer!) Screencasts are great to explain ideas, draw feedback, collaborate on projects, sharing knowledge. I have made a book with just screenshots and voice over, but I did like the video type as well. I used Jing to make a video to show my students how to find things on the computer-- with little ones they are so very visual-- I think this process would be great for them. I also think it would be great for me to learn how to do things on the computer! Lots of the things that we have done have been done with the screencast technology. The link below is not hot-- I don't know why-- but it is a great video for my kids to learn how to get on kidpix-- I will use it at the beginning of the year!
http://www.screencast.com/users/prekat/folders/Jing/media/9ca71f8a-5ec3-4790-a116-5baf3a451100

No comments: