Monday, July 12, 2010

#2

Image Generators
Wordle/Wordsift-- I really have enjoyed playing with Wordle (wordsift, not so much)and can see lots of great things that can be done with this. In my class, students can use the wordle to recognize their own name and others in the class room. We could generate a list of words for our themes/units and students can begin to look for known words. This would better used in a class full of readers, but it can still be utilized in a prek classroom.

Voicethread/glogster
I love voicethread! What a wonderful tool to use in the early childhood classroom!! As I was exploring, my mind kept thinking of the wonderful things that voicethread could be used for in my class. Children could introduce themselves, their families, likes and dislikes and friends and teachers could comment on what they learned about them. Children could learn how to work on a piece for publication and teachers and other adults could use voicethread to "notice" awonderful things about their work. It is always nice for them to hear great things about their work! I did like glogster, too. A great program for home projects to do with themes that the children can share. Much of this is way too hard for the littlest ones to do on their own-- but what a fantastic way to work on group projects!

Bookr
I used this program this year to publish books on our theme that were readable by the students-- including name books, friends books, and theme books. Great for the early childhood classroom. I will continue to incorporate this program this year!

Note: I love learning about all this---I just get a bit overwhelmed thinking about how to use it in the classroom ---without it giving me hives! Thanks goodness for my wonderful librarian that helps to make things work easier! Lots of things to remember-- need more time to get it into my curriculum!

1 comment:

RCELibrarian said...

Let's think of VoiceThread projects to do with your class.