Tuesday, July 20, 2010

#7

TV Sources
I have used United Streaming in the classroom and had limited what I did to that single resource. This exercise has been great to learn about so many other resources that are even easier to use and more organized for my usage!
Blip-- I really didn't get it-- not easy to use or understand
Blinx--I found of plethora of how to videos that would be great for me to use in sequencing with my little kiddos! How to make a peanut butter sandwich....step one, step two....perfect for many of my lessons in math and language-- in just a different format that would help reach students in a different way.
PBS had a lot of things that were usable....but with a cost--so I nixed that!
I loved loved loved NEOK12--It was organized sooooo wonderfully with many different things all on one page-- vocabulary development, games, and other links that support the videos. I researched bugs-- (the kids love learning about the wierd things that they can do) The videos were great--(much like I used in United Streaming) but the links that were right there were even greater. I can see me using this resource quite a bit in my class and I am looking forward to it!

No comments: