Monday, July 19, 2010

#6

I-touch Apps
I have a few i touches at the house and have been able to goof around with them quite a bit. At the end of the school year I introduced touches to my prek class and they thought they were the coolest things ever. Surprisingly, with very little instruction the kids were able to navigate and accomplish many of the tasks I gave them. It was really amazing to see my 4 and 5 year olds so attentive!
There are so many educational apps-- almost too many to know well. But through sharing with other teachers, I have learned several apps that support other learning in the classroom. I touches can be used for logic, problem solving, as a tool and a tutor. The novelty and the ease of use helps make them attractive to use in the classroom. I am looking forward to using them even more this coming year! I know the kids will love it!

No comments: