Monday, July 19, 2010

#5

Microblogging
Facebook and Twitter
I am a facebook user--not regular but I have really enjoyed connecting with old friends and family that I wouldn't normally have much contact with. A great social tool, but I am not too sure that for my prek class these have much application. I can see for older kids joining groups and working together on projects and homework would be easier. Teachers could post pertinent info to help students with homework or special projects. Twitter-- I still really don't get it for following friends-- it seems too much like stalking. But for groups--like SBISD-- you could now what is going on and be up to date on all things new.
Backchanneling is fantastic. I can't tell you how many times I wish I had this feature available during inservices and faculty meetings. As for older classrooms, I think this feature would help a teacher know how they have reached the learner and what holes there are in the learning! Great, great great!

No comments: