Friday, July 11, 2008

Number 8

RSS-- something I have never heard of...but what a cool idea. I love the idea that the reader will send info to you, but the overwhelming number and the quality of info is not great! I need to research more sites or maybe I just don't like that much information from resources that I don't read regularly! Personal life uses are great... helps me see what is new on the fun places I like to visit that I don't always have time for. School uses...this is where I am a little wary...and weary. Too much information and kids seeing teacher and parents constantly on the computer rather than reading a newspaper or book or magazine. Children (at a young age) equate computer time as play time with a weak programs that doesn't require much thinking much less reading. I will continue to tweak my reader to fit what I really want.

No comments: